Business Development Manager
Praeses is a growing software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. We seek to understand the strengths and struggles that people have and to create tools that amplify those strengths. That help them navigate those challenges. People like government employees, emergency responders, software developers, and engineers. We embrace the power of tools in the hands of talented people.
OUR VALUE IS IN OUR PEOPLE
Praeses will give you an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. The environment is energetic and fast-paced – we work on hard and exciting projects. Every employee here has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and we are all passionate about our work. We believe in collaboration and creating an open platform to share ideas. We are focused on your success and provide an environment designed to foster personal and professional growth. Our benefits are competitive, and our culture makes this both a fun and rewarding place to be.
The Business Development Manager will play a key role within the technical divisions. The role requires strategic thinking, tactical excellence, internal and external communication, and a passion for driving growth. Praeses is a culture driven organization with a devoted customer base. The BDM will leverage our existing technical success as developers to dramatically increase the company’s footprint in chosen sectors, including DoD. The successful candidate should contribute sophisticated understanding of acquisition processes, cycles, priorities, funding vehicles, and chain of command.
- Create new qualified targets for Praeses offerings within the select industries including DoD
- Develop a rich understanding of agency priorities, contract cycles, and funding mechanisms
- Deliver value throughout the entire sales cycle, including qualifying, presenting, leading RFP responses, the closing process, and post-sales contracting process
- Collaborate and co-sell with Praeses strategic partners and consultants
- Develop a deep understanding of company products, market trends, customer needs and pain points, and the competitive landscape
- Provide regular status updates regarding lead generation, pipeline progression, ongoing opportunities and overall progress in meeting business development goals for the division
- Able to travel at least 25% of the time
- 10+ years experience selling complex software solutions and research & development services to government agencies and other select sectors
- Deep understanding of and experience with government contract vehicles and procurement processes (federal and state levels)
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.