Praeses is a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
The Government Programs division focuses on delivering better information to decision-makers in our nation’s toughest missions. Whether it be coordinating disaster response or AI-driven analysis automation, we take a visionary approach to solving hard problems and moving our nation forward. Our mission is simple – to support the missions of our customers through technology innovation.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists and researchers that work with government agencies, research labs, and academia on hard problems. The kind of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional contracting companies. We dive head first into those problems, come up with the mad-scientist ideas that haven’t been tried before, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused, with an eye to bring all our technologies to global markets. Example initiatives include:
- Real-time data sharing for Natural Disaster Response across organizations like FEMA, DoD, local jurisdictions, and volunteer groups
- Automated analysis and modeling tools for software engineers
- Modeling and Simulation software for avionics
- Health and human services data management
- Data Fusion and Common Operating Picture (COP)
- Command Center modernization for military operations
- AI analysis of radar, sensor, and video data
- Smart hearing protection for soldiers that lets in voices and environment, but not ear-damaging gunfire
- Mobile Situational Awareness for warfighters
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are seeking a Cloud Architect for the Rook Platform – a technology that provides data fusion, collaboration, information sharing, and data visualization for Multi-Domain Command and Control within the US Department of Defense. Specifically, Rook is the underpinnings for several key programs, including:
- CURE – When a hurricane or earthquake strikes, the response is a complex coordination between local authorities, national agencies such as FEMA, military organizations, and volunteer groups. Critical information is spread across systems on many networks and in many information repositories. Communications are strained in disaster-affected areas. CURE allows coalitions to share real-time data across unintegrated systems, perform analysis, coordinate responses, and provide situational awareness up to decision makers and down to responders in the field. CURE is directly engaged in the COVID-19 response, serving as both the ecosystem to drive better information sharing and a series of capabilities to enable it.
- Watchtower – A command center modernization effort for critical military operations. Information comes in from a multitude of systems, and decisions are being made with manual correlation of the data that resides in them. Watchtower ingests data from disparate systems scattered across the mission space, fuses the data, provides AI-driven analysis, and provides mission operators with better information in a configurable operating picture.
Rook is a complex, highly adaptable framework which is rapidly evolving. Data can come from hundreds of sources in real time including multicast video and requires fast fusion and analysis. Data visualization ranges from simple dashboards to building dynamic overlays on 3D terrain maps. Many of the views are completely user configured.
On both projects, there is a need for an experienced Cloud Architect. Challenges here include a multi-domain cloud environment that crosses network, domain, and classification boundaries.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Architect cloud solutions and solve large, complex problems
- Provision, configure, and manage services in a cloud environment
- Work with technical team to develop and execute a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Manage the security policies and compliance for cloud environments
- Work with product teams to monitor and manage security
- A holistic view of planning, developing, delivering, and supporting critical systems through tools and processes like Agile, systems engineering methodologies, continuous integration pipelines, and continuous monitoring
- Log monitoring
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Solid understanding of networking with an emphasis on cloud networking
- Experience designing and managing Kubernetes (Rancher preferred) / containerization environments
- Strong understanding of load balancing, clustering, and reverse proxies
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Strong understanding of cloud storage technologies
- Experience with a diversity of cloud technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in system administration, systems architecture, or software development
- 2+ years’ experience in scalable cloud software system design/architecture
- Knowledge of provisioning / infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Strong experience with working in Agile teams
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Motivated by solving challenging problems and continuously learning
- Work well in an ever-changing, exploratory environment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Linux Server Management and Hardening
- Backup and management of clusters and databases
- Experience in DoD systems
- Cloud Networking Security (ATO experience preferred)
- Security+ Certification
- Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.