Director of Business Technologies Division
We are seeking a Division Director who will be responsible for leading the business unit. The Director will provide the strategic and financial leadership for the division while developing new and profitable opportunities and growing business with existing key accounts. The Director, a senior member of the corporate team, will be supported by a world-class team of developer consultants, operations leadership, and business development support. The position reports to the company’s CEO.
We’re a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, we serve as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
Our Business Technologies team solves workflow challenges through software and mobile application development and systems integration. We combine innovation with industry and technology expertise to bring solutions that add tangible value to our clients’ businesses and operations. Fundamentally, we support and enable companies’ digital transformations.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists that work with business leaders in a wide range of verticals. We solve the kind of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional contracting companies. We dive head first into those problems, create solutions, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused.
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We will give you an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. The environment is energetic and fast-paced. Every employee here has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and we’re all passionate about our work. We believe in collaboration and creating an open platform to share ideas. We are focused on your success and provide an environment designed to foster personal and professional growth. Our benefits are competitive, and our culture makes this both a fun and rewarding place to be.
The Director of Business Technologies will be the key leader within the division and a key member of the corporate management team. The role requires strategic thinking, tactical excellence, internal and external communication, and a passion for driving growth. We are a culture driven organization with a devoted customer base. The Director will leverage our existing technical success as developers and as a System Integrator to dramatically increase the company’s footprint in the shipbuilding and Aerospace/Defense sectors.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with corporate leadership to build strategic plans for key business areas in aerospace, defense, and shipbuilding.
- Develop a deep understanding of company products, market trends, and customer needs and pain points
- Develop and implement annual sales plans and strategic account plans
- Create new qualified targets for our offerings within DoD/Aerospace and Shipbuilding verticals and drive profitable top-line growth
- Employ customer analysis and capture strategies to establish customer partnerships
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders and decision makers within target customers
- Expand division offerings
- In conjunction with the operations team, ensure delivery, quality, and profitability across programs
- Manage and report about financial performance of the division.
- Lead a team of talented developers
- Collaborate with the company’s marketing resources for a coordinated growth plan
- Lead bid and proposal process and help lead data-driven pricing strategies
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience, including multiple years leading teams providing software consulting services to manufacturing entities – ideally within shipbuilding and/or DoD/Aerospace
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Strategic planning and new offering launch
- Managing a P/L, sales plan development, budgeting, and forecasting
- Program management
- Leading operational and sales teams
- Selling customized workflow solutions and systems integration – experience with selling of offerings in SaaS model is desirable.
- Representing the company to major stakeholders and decision-makers within both DoD and small to midcap to Tier 1 aero/defense companies
- Management of multi-functional teams
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- US Citizenship required
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline – ideally computer science (advanced degree in business or technical field is desirable)
- Able to travel within CONUS 50% of the time
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.