Front End Developer (WT/CURE)
Praeses is a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
The Government Programs division focus on delivering better information to decision-makers in our nation’s toughest missions. Whether it be coordinating disaster response or AI-driven analysis automation, we take a visionary approach to solving hard problems and moving our nation forward. Our mission is simple – to support the missions of our customers through technology innovation.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists and researchers that work with government agencies, research labs, and academia on hard problems. The kind of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional contracting companies. We dive head first into those problems, come up with the mad-scientist ideas that haven’t been tried before, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused, with an eye to bring all our technologies to global markets. Example initiatives include:
- Real-time data sharing for Natural Disaster Response across organizations like FEMA, DoD, local jurisdictions, and volunteer groups
- Automated analysis and modeling tools for software engineers
- Modeling and Simulation software for avionics
- Command Center modernization for military operations
- AI analysis of radar, sensor, and video data
- Smart hearing protection for soldiers that lets in voices and environment, but not ear-damaging gunfire
- Mobile Situational Awareness for warfighters
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Praeses will give you an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. The environment is energetic and fast-paced – we’re a bunch of nerds working on hard and exciting projects. Every engineer here has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and we’re all passionate about our work. We believe in collaboration and creating an open platform to share ideas. We are focused on your success and provide an environment designed to foster personal and professional growth. Our benefits are competitive, and our culture makes this both a fun and rewarding place to be.
We are seeking Front-End Developers to work on the Rook Platform – a technology that provides data fusion, collaboration, information sharing, and data visualization. Specifically, Rook is the underpinnings for 2 key programs:
CURE – When a hurricane or earthquake strikes, the response is a complex coordination between local authorities, national agencies such as FEMA, military organizations, and volunteer groups. Critical information is spread across systems on many networks and in many information repositories. Communications are strained in disaster-affected areas. CURE allows coalitions to share real-time data across unintegrated systems, perform analysis, coordinate responses, and provide situational awareness up to decision makers and down to responders in the field. CURE is both the ecosystem which will drive better information sharing and a series of capabilities to enable it.
Watchtower – A command center modernization effort for critical military operations. Information comes in from a multitude of systems, and decisions are being made with manual correlation of the data that resides in them. Watchtower ingests data from disparate systems scattered across the mission space, fuses the data, provides AI-driven analysis, and provides mission operators with better information in a configurable operating picture.
On both projects, there is a need for talented front end developers. Data visualization ranges from simple dashboards to building dynamic overlays on 3D terrain maps. Many of the views are completely user-configured, requiring strong development chops, a good eye for the aesthetics on visualizations in which every facet is modifiable, and the ability to think through the user experience on both visualization and customization.
Key Technologies on the program include:
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Implement user interfaces and components based on requirements and mockups
- Collaborate with technical and UX team to design new features
- Propose and develop new features and capabilities based on an understanding of the challenges faced by end users
- Act as a key contributor and help drive the product vision
- Design solutions and solve large, complex problems
- Actively participate in code reviews across the entire stack
- Help apply the right technologies to problems in a dynamic environment and deliver shippable results
- 2+ years’ experience in end to end software development/engineering in multiple software languages
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field
- Motivated by solving challenging problems and continuously learning
- Work well in an ever-changing, exploratory environment
- U.S. Citizenship required
Praeses is a leader in software development and services, offering proven and consistent business solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as an independent, trusted advisor helping clients re-engineer processes and leverage emerging technologies to optimize operations.