Praeses is a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
The Government Programs division is an R&D group partnered with US government organizations. Our focus is on delivering better information to decision makers in our nation’s toughest missions. Whether it be coordinating disaster response or AI-driven analysis automation, we take a visionary approach to solving hard problems and moving our nation forward. Our mission is simple – to support the missions of our customers through technology innovation.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists and researchers that work with government agencies, research labs, and academia on hard problems. The kind of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional contracting companies. We dive head first into those problems, come up with the mad-scientist ideas that haven’t been tried before, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused, with an eye to bring all our technologies to global markets. Example initiatives include:
- Real-time data sharing for Natural Disaster Response across organizations like FEMA, DoD, local jurisdictions, and volunteer groups
- Automated analysis and modeling tools for software engineers
- Modeling and Simulation software for avionics
- Health and human services data management
- Data fusion and Common Operating Picture (COP)
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
On multiple projects, we are seeking talented front-end developers to design and build user interfaces centered on data visualization in multiple domains. These data visualization challenges include dashboards, dynamic overlays on 3D terrain maps, simulation of aircraft capabilities, and novel visualizations of cognitive concepts. Many of the views are completely user-configured and interactive. These roles require strong development chops, a good eye for the aesthetics, and the ability to think through the user experience on both data visualization and interactivity.
Key technologies on these programs include:
- Unity (C#)
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Design and create user interfaces and components based on requirements and mockups
- Collaborate with team to dream up and design new features
- Propose and develop new features and capabilities based on an understanding of the challenges faced by end users
- Act as a key contributor and help drive the product vision
- Design solutions and solve large, complex problems
- Actively participate in code reviews across the entire stack
- Help apply the right technologies to problems in a dynamic environment and deliver shippable results
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in end to end software development/engineering in multiple software languages
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong understanding of usability design principals
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Motivated by solving challenging problems and continuously learning
- Work well in an ever-changing, exploratory environment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, Balsamiq, etc.
- User Experience (UX) experience
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.