CORRECTIONAL SERVICES DIVISION / SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DIVISION
Praeses is seeking qualified candidates for the Proposal/Contract Writer position within the Correctional Services and Software Engineering Divisions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written skills.
- Is very detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills conducive to a high multi-tasking environment.
- Maintains a level of analytical awareness.
- Has knowledge of and experience in writing RFPs, contracts, grant applications and creating requests for proposal and technical writing skills in responding to requests for proposals.
- Has experience writing successful proposals for Department of Defense (DoD) work and with SBIR/STTR proposals specifically is preferred.
- Preferably has a 4-year degree from an accredited University but not required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Has Technical writing experience for commercial software products, software development projects, and technology consulting engagements is preferred.
- Coordinate the grant opportunity identification and proposal submission processes.
- Participate in proposal opportunities, understand timelines and requirements and coordinate with identified team members.
- Work to create/maintain RFP, contract and proposal templates and inventory of template language.
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering and sales teams to understand and transform complex ideas and technical specifications into clear, concise proposals or grant applications.
- Take content provided by supporting members of the research effort to craft coherent responses to proposals that flow as intended to the expected audience.
- Collaborate with CSD to understand requirements gathering for client-facing RFPs, contracts and proposal.
- Understand division requirements and ensure that content is responsive to and organized according to requirements of the submission.
- Meet with customers, as needed, to define needs and understand requirements for the proposed programs or projects.
- Act as single point of contact for writing RFPs, contracts and responding to requests for proposals.
- Maintain industry knowledge to keep abreast of new trends and technologies.
- A great place to work
- Adjustable desks, fast computers, and dual monitors
- Competitive salaries
- Medical/dental/vision (90% paid for lowest-cost medical plan for employee only, 55% of lowest-cost medical plan for employee plus dependents; 100% dental paid for employee only)
- Basic life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability insurance provided by company
- Vacation, sick time and paid holidays
- Opportunity to participate in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- We support personal growth, and offer and encourage further learning and certifications
- Yearly reviews to encourage career advancement
- Praeses is a leader in software development and consulting services, offering proven and consistent solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of experience, Praeses serves as an independent, trusted advisor helping clients meet contractual goals, re-engineer processes and leverage emerging technologies to optimize operations.
- The Software Engineering division focuses on delivering better information to decision-makers in our nation’s toughest missions. Whether it be providing enhance Situational Awareness to commanders in the field or AI-driven analysis automation, we take a visionary approach to solving hard problems and moving our nation forward. Our mission is simple – to support the missions of our customers through technology innovation.
- CSD helps correctional facilities achieve a balance between emerging / evolving communication technologies, compliant rate and fee structures and accurate recoupment of facility costs. Building on its communication capabilities, Praeses has recently expanded its offering to include oversight and compliance verification in correctional food services to maximize cost savings to correctional facilities.
- Praeses values diversity, curiosity and collaboration. Employees from all experience levels and backgrounds are intermingled and encouraged to learn about each other’s projects. Our offices foster teamwork as well as self-motivation, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in.
- Praeses believes that a successful, thriving company starts with happy, satisfied employees. We are prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate. Candidates can be located locally to Praeses’ Shreveport office or may work remotely.
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.