Senior Business Development Manager
Government Programs Division
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for building customer relationships among key and target accounts with DoD and Industry. The Senior BDM will develop new and profitable opportunities while growing business with existing key customers.
Praeses is a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
Our team solves workflow challenges through software and mobile application development and systems integration. We combine innovation with industry and technology expertise to bring solutions that add tangible value to our clients’ businesses and operations.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists that work with government agencies and business leaders in a wide range of verticals. We solve the kind of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional contracting companies. We dive head first into those problems, create solutions, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused. Example initiatives include:
- Created software tool to allow police departments, sheriffs’ offices, and other enforcement agencies to record and share information within their own organizations as well as across jurisdictional lines
- Created a real-time, web-based IoT ecosystem for data access, reporting, and chemical management for a post-fracking drill-out process
- Created SmartCAMA application for assessing land, residential, commercial, and personal property
- Enabled the effective management of a mission-critical large, complex, paper-based cable pulling process for a major shipbuilder by creating software tools accessible via handheld technology
- Integrated a major software solution for critical workflow processes for a major shipbuilder, enabling conversion from mainframe to a modern software platform
- Created a data fusion platform for a broad range of command-control applications
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Praeses will give you an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. The environment is energetic and fast-paced. Every employee here has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and we’re all passionate about our work. We believe in collaboration and creating an open platform to share ideas. We are focused on your success and provide an environment designed to foster personal and professional growth. Our benefits are competitive, and our culture makes this both a fun and rewarding place to be.
The Senior Business Development Manager for Government Programs will play a key role within the division. The role requires strategic thinking, tactical excellence, internal and external communication, and a passion for driving growth. Praeses is a culture driven organization with a devoted customer base. The BDM will leverage our existing technical success as developers to dramatically increase the company’s footprint in the DoD sector. The successful candidate will have deep experience in and a passion for building partnerships within DoD agencies for the provision of technical services and software solutions. This will require an existing sophisticated understanding of DoD acquisition processes, cycles, priorities, funding vehicles, and chain of command.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Create new qualified targets for Praeses offerings within the DoD
- Develop a rich understanding of DoD agency priorities, contract cycles, and funding mechanisms
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders and decision makers within target customers, leveraging existing experience and contacts in the ecosystem
- Deliver value throughout the entire sales cycle, including qualifying, presenting, leading RFP responses, the closing process, and post-sales process
- Collaborate and co-sell with Praeses strategic partners
- Develop a deep understanding of company products, market trends, customer needs and pain points, and the competitive landscape
- Work with Division management to develop annual and quarterly sales plans and strategic accounts plans and then drive profitable sales growth according to these plans.
- Employ Praeses customer analysis and capture strategies to establish customer partnerships
- Utilize Praeses CRM reporting; collect and communicate appropriate metrics and market data to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Collaborate with Praeses marketing resources to deploy a coordinated multimedia marketing plan
- Identify key events for Praeses and represent the company
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience selling software solutions and R&D services to DoD and federal government clients
- Experience representing the company to major stakeholders and decision-makers within government organizations including DoD and other federal agencies.
- Deep understanding of and experiences with federal government contract vehicles
- Able to communicate and present technical information in a technical setting and deliver sales closes and wins
- US Citizenship required
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline
- Able to travel within CONUS >50% of the time
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.