Senior Software Engineer / Computer Scientist (Connote)
Praeses is a dynamic software and services company, offering solutions to customers in both the public and private sectors. With over three decades of IT experience, Praeses serves as a trusted technology advisor and as a technology product innovator.
The Government Programs Department within the Engineering Division is an R&D group partnered with US government organizations. Our focus is on delivering better information to decision makers in our nation’s toughest missions. Whether it be coordinating disaster response or AI-driven analysis automation, we take a visionary approach to solving hard problems and moving our nation forward. Our mission is simple – to support the missions of our customers through technology innovation.
OUR WORK IS CHALLENGING AND GAME CHANGING
We are a team of technologists and researchers that work with government agencies, research labs, and academia on hard problems – the kinds of problems that have plagued organizations for years and have gone unsolved by traditional technology companies. We dive head first into these challenges, come up with the mad-scientist ideas that haven’t been tried before, and then make them a reality. Our work is product-focused, with an eye to bring all our technologies to global markets. Example initiatives include:
- Real-time data sharing for Natural Disaster Response across organizations like FEMA, DoD, local jurisdictions, and volunteer groups
- Automated analysis and modeling tools for software engineers
- Modeling and Simulation software for avionics
- Health and human services data management
- Data Fusion and Common Operating Picture (COP)
WE’RE A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Praeses will give you an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. The environment is energetic and fast paced while working on exciting projects. Every engineer here has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and we are all passionate about our work. We believe in collaboration and creating an open platform to share ideas. We are focused on your success and provide an environment designed to foster personal and professional growth. Our benefits are competitive, and our culture makes this both a fun and rewarding place to be.
On multiple projects, we are seeking talented software engineers to design and build user interfaces centered on data visualization in multiple domains. These data visualization challenges include dashboards, dynamic overlays on 3D terrain maps, simulation of aircraft capabilities, and novel visualizations of cognitive concepts. Many of the views are completely user-configured and interactive. These roles require strong development chops, a good eye for the aesthetics, and the ability to think through the user experience on both data visualization and interactivity.
Key technologies on these programs include:
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Build defined features
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Write tests
- Collaborate and communicate with team to identify any blocking issues
- Assist in designing solutions and solving large, complex problems
- Help apply the right technologies to problems in a dynamic environment to deliver shippable results
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred
- Experience in lieu of education can be considered
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in software development/engineering in multiple software languages
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies is helpful
- Understanding of usability design principals
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Motivated by solving challenging problems and continuously learning
- Work well in an ever-changing, exploratory environment
- U.S. Citizenship required
Praeses develops customized software solutions and analytics-backed services to solve workplace challenges for industry, government agencies, and correctional facilities. We provide innovative thinking and an unwavering commitment to customer service.
Toll Free: 800.333.8856
330 Marshall Street, Suite 800